Welcome to Common Language Bookstore
Common Language Bookstore Website
June 5, 2018
Reading, Reception, and Signing
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Common Language Bookstore is thrilled to welcome back Petra Kuppers to the Courtyard to introduce her new book, Ice Bar.
Petra is a community performance artist and a disability culture activist. She is a Professor of English, Women's Studies, Theatre and Art and Design, teaching mainly in Performance Studies and Disability Studies, at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
"Each story in Ice Bar unsettles the reader as Kuppers' writing seamlessly slides between the familiarity of the present into strange apocalyptic visions and hidden dream worlds. Woven throughout the collection are the grounding touchstones of adaptation and interdependence, community, and raw human connection. Ice Bar elegantly expresses Kuppers' dedication to creating art that entertains while thoughtfully fostering inclusivity and social justice."
Kathryn Allan, co-editor, Accessing the Future: A Disability-Themed Anthology of Speculative Fiction
Onilne Orders Continue
Thanks for keeping the orders coming. THey are at a more manageable pace fot three people and a dog who work here, and we coninue to diligently work through the avalance of orders which came in a month ago. We were able to fulfill about 80% of them right away. For a wide variety of reasons the other 20% have required more attention. I'm getting through about 10 or 12 a day (except yesterday because of Information Technology).
We thank you for your support, and we thank you for your patience.
Keith, Lois, Kevin, and Duke